[X4U] slooooow open and save

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Sep 4 23:16:30 PDT 2005

Jan Melichar said:

>Ever since installing Tiger opening files via applications 'open' and
>saving files has taken longer that usual (and slower than is System 6
>days)and it seems to be taking longer and longer (I almost feel like
>I have time to get a coffee!)I've run Disk Utility, repaired
>permission, Run Disk Warrior but the slowness persists. I'm loathed
>to reinstall - even archive install - and before I have to face that
>I wonder if there is something I'm missing. Any advice would be welcome.

How full is your hard drive?  Are you hearing a lot of disk churning?

You might want to try running most or all of the routine maintenance at:

OS X Routine Maintenance and Generic Troubleshooting
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

and see if that helps.

Randy B. Singer

If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is
no woman around to hear him ... is he still wrong?  - George Carlin