[X4U] Weird OSX Activity?

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Sep 6 06:43:46 PDT 2005

On Sep 3, 2005, at 10:25 PM, Rad Craig wrote:

> Then, before my eyes, it switched back to 'Battery'.  I switched it
> back to Power Adapter...it switched back to Battery, then I sat and
> watched it flip back and fourth on its own, every couple of seconds.

Does the power adapter have an LED on it so you can tell when its
plugged in? If so, does it stay lit? I had the power adapter for an
external drive go bad on me, and it sounds like what you're
experiencing. The power supply would be on for a couple seconds, then
off. Then on, then off. Every couple of seconds.  If that's true in
your case, it may be forcing the Pismo to use the battery. If the
power supply doesn't have an LED, you may be able to hear it kicking
on and off if you hold the brick part close to your ear.

-Mike