[X4U] trouble with Java

wjsjlauffen at t-online.de wjsjlauffen at t-online.de
Tue Sep 6 21:59:24 PDT 2005

Hi,

running 10.4.2 on B&WG3/733SonnetG4/640mb/ with all relavant updates.
Now I am having trouble with Java. Certain Java windows, notably those
running under https (my bank, Kagi) lock up  input entirely as long as
the window is foremost; neither mousekeys nor numberpad work, so it is
only possible to close the window by force quiting the ap. It makes no
difference whether Camino 0.99.a2+, Safari 2.0.1, or iCab.
Suspecting the Java engine, I cleaned all caches and reinstalled Java
142 using Pacifist. This did help yesterday, but this morning things
are back where they were. The "culprit" windows do work on my iBook 800
(2003)/384mb OS10.4.2 so that is the cause. Normal browsing causes no
problems at all, neither with Camino - my default browser - nor Safari.
Does anyone have any ideas what I should repair or replace besides
Java. The usual maintenance does not help.

thanks,
Bill

http://www.william-jurgenson.com