[X4U] Mail Service on XServe

Johns Maillist mymaillist at mac.com
Thu Sep 8 10:57:04 PDT 2005

Instead of trying to get the client to se Entourage or buy Outlook
client for Mac, I convinced him to stay with the Mac side of his
network system.
He has a Windows server for .......Well, I am not sure what for
anymore ;-) It was the mail server, but not anymore.
He has a Max Xserve box, and all seems to be well with that.
I have started the mail service (He is also going to run FTP, but
that will be later), enabled, POP and IMAP services.
To make sure I have this right, I wanted to ask the advanced folks to
be sure:
I am going to relocate the IP address (in the NAT side of the Linksys
router to the Mac, from the PC.
As it is now, the ISP provides the IP to the router, and the router
NAT moves it to the mail port.
Will I be doing the same on the Xserve Mail server side?
Thanks,
John