[X4U] IP address

John McGilvary mymaillist at mac.com
Thu Sep 8 12:01:16 PDT 2005

On Thursday, September 08, 2005, at 11:25AM, Paul Moortgat <paul.moortgat at pandora.be> wrote:

>They don't have anything to do with patients.  It's for a lab.
>
>Paul Moortgat

Which, is where PATIENT (VERY PRIVATE) results are kept.
HIPPA is REAL sensitive about lab results too, sooooooo
I would tell the folks to make sure they have permission, then ask the hospital IT office if:
A ) DHCP is enabled
B ) They are looking for the MAC address? If so, that can be obtained from networjk utility

I wold be very surprisd if a hos[ital was allowing a family or anyone outside the net to enter for info.
I could be wrong, but seems something is amiss here.