[X4U] Consumer Reports

David Flory daflory at speakeasy.net
Thu Sep 8 19:03:01 PDT 2005

On Sep 8, 2005, at 2:14 PM, keith_w wrote:

> In light of which, I have a question.
> I run Mac OS 10.3.9, and will be installing a brand new copy of MS
> Office 2004 in about a week.
> Valid reason? My wife uses PC programs at work, and has decided she
> wants the ability to do some work-work on the home Mac.
> So, back to having MS products on my Mac!  Sighhhh.

Again I wonder why people swallow Microsoft's propaganda that you
have to have Word to work with Word documents. There are several
pieces of software that handle Word doc just fine. The one I use is
Nisus Writer Express, but there are several others that read and
write Word files quite well. Try one just say no to MS. Another that
just came to Mind is Mariner Write (and Mariner Calc if you need to
work with Excel files.)
--
Speak softly, study Aikido, & you won't need to carry a big stick!
See my photos @ <http://homepage.mac.com/dflory>