[X4U] Consumer Reports

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Fri Sep 9 06:31:41 PDT 2005

On Sep 8, 2005, at 6:04 PM, keith_w wrote:

> Neil wrote:
>

>> To protect yourself from MS Office macro virii, I believe that all
>> you have
>> to do is turn off macros.
>>

> I'm surely hoping to obtain concurrence on that action!  :-)  Thanks,

The Office defaults for the Mac are that if a document containing a
macro is opened, it will ask you if you wish to run the macro or not
(Macro Protection is on). I think it even has a warning about the
potential danger of running the macro, but its been such a long time
since I've seen it that I can't remember the specifics.

So for any of the known viruses for the Mac, the protection is
already in place.

-Mike