[X4U] Consumer Reports-Word use

Johns Maillist mymaillist at mac.com
Fri Sep 9 06:56:46 PDT 2005

I know a car mechanic. He does NOT like Snap-On (the tool maker
company, sold by independent reps), he prefers Craftsman tools.
But, sometimes, not often, but sometimes Snap-On makes a tool that
just does a job better.
Now, I am a Apple/Mac user. have been since I got my first Apple ][.
Then my ][GS, Loved my Apple ][C
I use PC''s in my consulting work, because that is the largest market
share.
And for that reason. I love my Mac!
But, I have tried Appleworks, MS Office and now NeoOffice.
MS has been making Office for a long time.  They make a good product
(in comparison to what else is available) IMHO.
So, when the mechanic finds a tool that works better, he should not
care where it comes from, just that it works well.
I agree with the remarks, PC users do not know what we have
available, if they did, i believe more would switch. MS has a strong
hold on them for that very reason.
By showing them that I can send them files back and forth, (Word,
Excel and Powerpoint) I have proved to a few that they can make a
switch, and lose nothing!