[X4U] Sleepers awake

Jon Marett jmarett at mac.com
Fri Sep 9 07:55:45 PDT 2005

My 1.67 GHz 17" pb does this from time to time. Simply closing the
lid or waiting for it to go back to sleep (i.e. wait for the little
pulsating light in the release button) and then re-waking up the
machine seems to work fine. This occurrence seems to happen when I
connect a usb mouse prior to opening/waking the pb. Sometimes after
waking, the mouse moves the cursor, but the system doesn't seem to
respond to mouse clicks until i unplug the mouse AND use the trackpad
to select something and then re-connect the mouse.

I believe the waking issue did occur in Panther as well, but the
mouse problem seems to have crept in since updating to Tiger.
(currently at 10.4.2).

jon

Jon Marett
909.930.9957