[X4U] Consumer Reports-Word use

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Sep 9 12:00:29 PDT 2005

keith_w said:

>> Right, MS Office is the big advantage Mac offers over Linux.  Linux has
>> great security, but not MS Office.
>
>Please elaborate. I don't understand those two sentences.
>Taken together,  they seem to contradict each other...

He is saying that there is a version of MS Office for the Macintosh, but
there isn't a version of MS Office for Linux.

Though I understand that there are work-arounds to get Office to run
under Linux.

However, I don't necessarily agree that MS Office is OS X's biggest
advantage over Linux.  For one thing, OS X has a huge library of
applications that Linux can't come close to matching.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html