[X4U] .avi files: blank screen with Quicktime player

Germain M. affaires at vif.com
Sun Sep 11 11:06:04 PDT 2005

Hello,

I dl some .avi files but to my surprise, Quicktime player doesn't
read them. I can hear the sound but the screen in the window player
is snow white. A visit at Apple site suggests some other players like
VCD X. Same thing with this player. I don't know a thing about codecs
and things like that. What is there to do to have Quicktime player
show them?

Here's what the "Info on sequence (french) " window of Quicktime
player tells me: "MPEG de couche 3, Stéréo, 24,000 Khz
XVID, 512 x 384, Millions".

I'r really like to see these sequences.

Thanks a lot for your help

Germain