[X4U] The Best Way To Import CD Audio

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Mon Sep 12 15:23:32 PDT 2005

I'm curious what is the best way to import CD audio as .aiff files from a
store-bought CD? The only concern here is the finest audio quality to be
stored as .aiff...

1 -  in OSX you can simply drag the file -  from the CD to the hard drive
2 -  iTunes can import as AIFF files
3 -  other programs that can import - DP - LOGIC TOAST etc...?

BTW: does any version of QuickTime sound any better than any other regarding
this?

Notes:  several years ago - I imported audio using an extra application that
came with toast ( I think was called something like audio extractor) - the
1.0 version had a weird bug that caused clicks and pops - and the 1.1
version supposedly fixed that...

-  any way - that's why I am asking now... If one sonically sounds any
better than another one - or has any associated problems...

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com
[db-lists]