[X4U] G4 restart

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Tue Sep 13 21:46:13 PDT 2005

On 9/13/05 5:34 PM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> I've a friend when he try to shutdown his G4, the G4 restart
> automatically.  He has reset PRAM and pressed the PMU button on the
> motherboard.
> What does he needs to do?

Disconnect any external peripherals -- firewire and USB hard disks, card
readers, scanners, printers, Zip drives, hubs -- and even put back the
original Apple keyboard and mouse, if they've been changed out for
third-party equipment. See if the shutdown is normal with no periphs
attached. If so, reconnect them one at a time and test until the guilty
party is located.

peace,
Linda