[X4U] Weird drive hang on G5 after Restart

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Wed Sep 14 19:15:03 PDT 2005

Hi all,

One of the G5's in our Studio (Dual 2.0 / 10.3.8) is having issues where
after you restart and try to open any of the 4 partitions (single drive) a
blank dialogue appears (no wording or OK button etc) and it'll just sit
there with the beachball spinning. You can't force quit the Finder either.

Running DiskWarrior produces no errors. The way I get it back up and
running again is to Zap the PRAM.

Any thoughts on what is causing it?

We have 8 other G5's all built off the same Disc Image.

Cheers,

Coj