[X4U] Weird drive hang on G5 after Restart

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Wed Sep 14 21:09:14 PDT 2005

Well, I believe I've already erased the startup and re-imaged once but I
may need to reformat/re-partition again.

This G5 did have a previous drive fail in it and it has had a warranty
replacement drive running in it OK for many months until now. I wonder if
the issue is deeper than the drive.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Coj

Linda <XPressoBean at mac.com>

On 9/14/05 9:15 PM, Brett Conlon wrote:

> Any thoughts on what is causing it?

I had something similar once upon a time, when the mount point of my
partitioned hard disk was faltering...

Is backing up and reformatting an option? If not (or before you endure all
that), can you boot into safe mode and successfully open a partition? Or
create a new user and open a partition without hanging?

peace,
Linda