[X4U] Sleep vs. Doze

Samantha Cornell samantha at netresults.biz
Fri Sep 16 09:44:07 PDT 2005

Does anyone know the difference between sleep vs. doze under OS X
(10.3.9 specifically)?

Now that I am fully backed up, I have once again set  my iMac to allow
sleep and am still having problems, but only when it is allowed to
sleep for a large chunk of time.  I'm trying to get more info so I can
try to pinpoint the problem.  Trouble always occurs when I wake it
after it has "slept" overnight, even when booted from the TechTools CD
instead of the hard drive.

I have been unable to replicate it during the day, and I'm wondering
how long the machine must be in "doze" mode before it goes to "sleep".

Thanks!

Samantha