[X4U] Emergency post

Verduron verduron at comcast.net
Sun Sep 18 09:30:26 PDT 2005

On Sep 18, 2005, at 12:12 PM, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2005, at 5:59 PM, Verduron wrote:
>

>> By mistake I just dragged one of the 2 partitions of my hard drive
>> in the trash and erased it. How do I recover it?
>>

> Restart. All you did is eject it.

All is well. Let it be said that I have been a reader of the Mac
Lists for a long time and was converted earlier on when I read the
horror stories of people loosing data and who did not have back up.
I do have a local back-up and an other one at my neighbor. The LaCie
drive I leave at my neighbor is not updated as regularly as the one I
have here. But even the one I use here is not updated as often as it
should. This last incident, although benign, will make me more
cautious and diligent about my backing up.
Thank you all.