[X4U] Itunes is a mess

Andy Hannen andy.hannen at virgin.net
Sat Sep 24 04:46:16 PDT 2005

This may be OT.
My iTunes library is a mess. I moved the library to a another volume and
change the appropriate setting in iTunes. Now iTunes can't find about 90% of
my songs, I have to look for them. There are also duplicate copies of many
songs in the library sometimes as many as 4 copies.

Is there some sort of management tool (like iphoto library manager).

What would happen if I manually removed all the songs from the various
directories in the library, deleted the library and re-imported all the
songs back.

10.4.2, iTunes 5.01

Andy