[X4U] Itunes is a mess

DZ-Jay dz at caribe.net
Sat Sep 24 06:30:01 PDT 2005

I moved my iTunes directory to another volume once and it worked
beautifully.  The way I did it was:

1. Made sure iTunes was not running
2. Copied the "~/Music/iTunes" to the new location
3. Opened iTunes and changed the iTunes Music folder location in the
Advanced tab of the iTunes Preferences window.
4. Deleted the "~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music" folder (the original
folder containing the songs.)

It seems that iTunes keeps the music database files ("iTunes Library",
"iTunes Music Library.xml", etc.) in its original folder,
"~/Music/iTunes", and only lets you move the folder where the song
files are located.  So if you moved those too, that could be the reason
why it can't find the songs (?).

	dZ.