[X4U] Treo and dot Mac

David Stone dstone at pebbles.net
Sun Sep 25 13:21:27 PDT 2005

Johns Maillist wrote:
> I am not sure where to take this question, so I will cross post it, I
> am sorry if this is an issue with anyone.
>
> I have a Treo 650, and have been trying to get it to work with my dot
> mac account.
> I have Cingular, and  It receives from my .mac server, no worries.
> The sending is the issue.
> Does anyone know the settings for using my Treo with this set-up.

I have a Treo through Verizon, and use their SMTP server in my Treo mail
settings. As I understand it, in general there are 2 choices: either use
the carrier's SMTP server, or use your ISP/mail provider's - if they
permit access from off their network using authenticated SMTP (mine
doesn't).

This support link for Snappermail provides info on both options for you
(Cingular or .mac):
http://www.snappermail.com/support/isp.cfm

-Dave