[X4U] Re: Why can't Windows users open my pdf files?

Tut tut at mac.com
Thu Sep 29 06:42:40 PDT 2005

Thanks guys for your suggestions.

To Kirk: Yes, I added the extension.

To Richard: I will have to ask them to test that trick.

To Stoller: Encoding for Windows is supposed to strip away the resource
fork.  How else can I do it?

To Milton: I did both ways, with the same result.

To Linda:  I found out about Little Snitch and upgraded.  It did not solve
the problem.

To kobay: I can¹t depend on all recipients opening Acrobat first.  Too
complicated to make sure they do.

I traced back to the original Word-document I had based the pdf on.  It had
a header with a logo that I found was made up of 2 identical logos on top of
each other.  I deleted the extra logo and moved the other a bit away from
the edge of the document.  That was all that was needed to create a
functional pdf.

It seems to me that Word can handle having images slightly outside the
printable area, but that turning them into a pdf corrupts the resulting
file.  I have never seen this before ­ until I switched to Tiger.

Maybe some more testing can confirm my conclusions?

Tut