[X4U] Implications of Boot Camp

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Wed Apr 5 13:31:26 PDT 2006

At 1:43 PM -0500, 4/5/06, Robert Nicholson wrote:

>I'd say it's only a matter of time before someone writes a virus
>that trashes the area that Bootcamp uses for it's configuration

That would be within the Windows partition which could only write to
those directories that Mac OS X allows it to write to. And this is
why running VPC doesn't allow a virus to damage OS X. Protected
directories are protected directories.

>thus making the machine and both OS's unbootable.

Nope.
--

Robert Ameeti

Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising.
            -- Mark Twain, A Connecticult Yankee in King Arthur's Court