[X4U] Implications of Boot Camp

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Wed Apr 5 15:30:30 PDT 2006

On 4/5/06 11:14 AM, "Robert Ameeti" <Robert at Ameeti.net> wrote:

> Everything that works on a Dell PC will work on a MacBook (except for
> that lousy missing serial and parallel port) :-)  You are running
> Windows so ActiveSync works just fine. Along with your Anti-Virus,
> Spyblocker, and Adaware software.

In other words you don't think this is a big deal :-)

Those of us who've seen VPC/ActiveSync munch everything on our PocketPCs
repetitively think it IS a big deal.

Why not use Palm, since at least there's explicit support by Palm for the
Mac OS, whereas we're "on our own" trying to get data from a PocketPC into a
Mac? Because for me the Palm suite of information management applications is
so far behind it's laughable, and because I need to run some things that
ABSOLUTELY require PocketPC and ActiveSync (the Exchange Server would be
useful only for the contacts stuff).

Jim Robertson