[X4U] Windows XP Parallels Virtualization Mac OS X 45 Day Beta Solution Now Available

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Apr 6 10:03:46 PDT 2006

>OK Now your 45-day trial of the Parallels Virtualization solution
>that eclipses Boot Camp BIG TIME is now available:
>
><http://www.parallels.com/en/download/mac/>
>
>THIS IS MUCH BIGGER NEWS. Please all you with Intel Macs go get it
>and install XP This way. Then report back on your JOY!!!
>
>This is the technology that lets you run XP and Vista in a window
>while you are running OS X at full hardware speed at-the-same-time -
>not one or the other - RUNNING BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.

 From their website...

	*	Strong OS Support: A sophisticated virtual machine
engine that offers the broadest support of x86-based operating
systems, including:
	?	The entire Windows family - 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, Me,
2000, XP and 2003
	?	Linux distributions from popular distributors like
Red Hat, SuSE, Mandriva, Debian and Fedora Core
	?	FreeBSD
	?	"Legacy" operating systems like OS/2, eComStation and MS-DOS.

Wow!  The price is only $49.99.  This is the kind of thing that
really makes me want an Intel based Mac!  With this I could replace 3
systems with 1.  While not listed in the above blurb, Solaris 10/x86
is also supported.  What would be interesting is to hear about
peoples results with this product.

Now all that is needed is a Commercial classic Mac emulator, so those
of us with classic Mac software can still run it.

		Zane