[X4U] Re: Parallels v. Boot Camp

Steve Self steveself at mac.com
Thu Apr 6 11:16:14 PDT 2006

Harumpf!

  I think this is an inaccurate prognostication.  I think Parallels
and BootCamp will only increase the sales of Macs, and that OSX-
Leopard will compete directly with Vista and should come out WAY
superior. Imagine if your family needed both OS's... and you could
buy a Mac OSX Intel... Have a few users in OSX and a few users in
Vista... Everyone is happy that they can DO IT THEIR WAY. And
gradually they all shift over to OSX...

As to games, my brother who is a big gamer, complains that games
glitch on his PPC almost as often as they glitch (for other reasons)
on Win machines... I suspect the gaming industry just does not care
too much about quality, unless they can sell a zillion units or make
the price point higher.

And finally, Don't you think that Jobs & Co. thought LONG and HARD
about this and are managing it to come out to their advantage?  With
the investment in OSX Apple has demonstrated they would NEVER allow
WinBill to come out on top, on their hardware.