[X4U] Implications of Boot Camp

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Thu Apr 6 14:20:54 PDT 2006

On Apr 6, 2006, at 10:08 AM, Robert Ameeti wrote:

> At 9:57 AM -0700, 4/6/06, Kunga wrote:
>
>> Too slow. No 3-D Support thus far.
>> -- Taylor Barcroft
>
> Well, which is it? Faster than the speed of PCs? Or too slow to run
> games? It can not be both.

It's not an issue of how slow or fast, it's an issue of what access
the guest OS has to the hardware in question and how much
virtualization vs. emulation is being done by the virtualizer. Going
into more detail would be inappropriate for this list, but  Xen,
another popular virtualizer, currently also has this 3D limitation.

Phil
--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or
that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only