[X4U] Motorola RAZR V3c as bluetooth modem?

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Sat Apr 8 07:52:02 PDT 2006

I have a Motorola RAZR V3c mobile phone that I would like to be able
to use as a bluetooth modem and dial my local hometown ISP just as I
would with a landline phone. My service provider is Alltel and their
network is CDMA (I hear some service providers "disable" some phone
features so they can "rent" you their services, but I don't think
this is the case with Alltel yet). I have a bluetooth equipped Mac
mini that I am using as a test machine and have been able to
successfully pair with my RAZR and exchange files, contacts, etc.
However, I haven't been able to find a modem script that works with
my bluetooth setup. The ones I've found seem to be geared towards
GPRS network versions of the RAZR. If I could get the Mac mini to use
my RAZR as a bluetooth modem, then I want to buy an external
bluetooth adaptor for my older G3 iBook that I take on the road with
me, so that I can use it to send email messages, etc., on a short
term basis when I'm away from a broadband connection. My Macs are all
running MacOS X 10.4.6. If anyone is successfully using a CDMA
version of the RAZR as a bluetooth modem, could you please share your
setup information? Thanks in advance.

Joe