[X4U] synchronizing to an ibook

Michel Eytan eytan at umb.u-strasbg.fr
Sat Apr 8 09:49:05 PDT 2006

Folks,

sorry for a newbie question.

I own a G4/450 AGP and an iBook/800. I want to use the iBook as a backup for
my G4. I know how to set it up as a slave (cmd-t to start it up from a
Firewire connection) and then use a soft (Personal Backup) to synchronize.
However I cannot simply clone the G4 since the two systems must differ
somehow (not the same ROMs and anyway Apple prohibits this).

So what *exactly* should I exclude from the backup once the iBook is in slave
mode? All of my Library folder?; less?; more? Also can I after that install
Tiger to the iBook by an Archive & Install option? Thank you.

My setup:
1. G4/450 AGP Panther9 896MB RAM
2. iBook/800 Panther9 512MB RAM

Cheers