[X4U] New recruit mustered out of Boot Camp :-(

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Sat Apr 8 18:03:43 PDT 2006

At 1:42 AM +0100, 4/9/06, Stroller wrote:

>On 8 Apr 2006, at 8:38, Robert Ameeti wrote:

>>>For anyone who's still not getting it:
>>
>>And as has been noted before....
>
>Inaccurately.
>
>>, the OEM version is not a legitimate license and could be turned
>>away similar to a borrowed copy. Been there, done that.
>
>Should you wish to address any of the points I made in my postings

In case Stroller didn't pick up on it, OEM stands for ORIGINAL
Equipment Manufacturer. The OEM disk is only licensed to OEMs.
Certainly it may work today or tomorrow. Even a borrowed CD from the
neighbor CD may work. But the point is that Microsoft has year after
year gotten more diligent at enforcing their license agreements. So
while it is illegal today, and may work tomorrow, I would imagine in
the not too distant future, the money will have been ill spent.

If you want to cheat, just borrow your neighbors. If you want to
honor someone's property rights, then buy the appropriate version.
Just don't play games like thinking that buying a ribbon cable makes
youan OEM and then pretend that you are doing the right thing. And
then you can accept the name that others would see you as.
--

Robert Ameeti

The light of a hundred stars does not equal the light of the moon.