[X4U] G4 will not start

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Apr 10 14:09:07 PDT 2006

Paul Moortgat said:

>It's for a year now that his clock is set to another time each time
>he starts.  He used to work with it without any problem so far.

Since it is inexpensive and easy to replace, the PRAM battery is still
the first thing that I would try.  If that is the only problem that he is
experiencing, my bet is that that will fix it.

If the problem were the RAM, or hard drive, it is quite likely that he
would be having other problems.

Of course, it couldn't hurt to run all of the routine maintenance at:

OS X Routine Maintenance and Generic Troubleshooting
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

and to run the Apple Hardware Test CD.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html