[X4U] aperture 1.1

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Sun Apr 16 11:53:14 PDT 2006

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, alexandre wrote:

> hi
>
> i'd like to hear from owners of aperture how they feel about version 1.1
> released today. is it faster? does it feel snappier?
>
> since it's half price now, i'm thinking of buying it but given my set-up
> (powerbook 1.5ghz), i'm hesitating?
>
> regards
>
> alexandre
> :: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.6 ::

I havent had much time to play with it on my 2.3 GHz dual G5. Th eupdate
seems faster, but not yet "fast". This may be because there seems to be
some background activity going on with Aperture (caching?), and it hasnt
finished yet. I need more time to really tell. And you should probably get
the word from a pbook owner. There is a good forum on dpreview.com, there
is probably someone there with a setup closer to yours that can give you a
better idea.