[X4U] Mail question

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 17 05:36:04 PDT 2006

In Mail, is there a way to view the "real" incoming address, and not
just the shortened, familiar name? For example, I have a rule set to
alert me whenever I receive mail from "jon" in the From with a sound.
This catches any email, though, from my Jon, whether he's using Jon
or Jonathan, as well as any of the Jones. I know this isn't the best
rule I could devise--I should list each of Jon's email addresses--but
I'm still curious about my question. This morning, I had to run a
search before discovering it also triggered:
jon_s20 at freehealthstuff.com which landed rightly in my Junk folder,
but displayed only the name Weston Kelly. I had to open the email to
understand why that address met the criteria (which I'd rather not
do). It seems like viewing complete or real addresses without opening
emails would be useful in general.