[X4U] Camino and Firefox editing boxes

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Apr 20 19:14:12 PDT 2006

At 11:40 AM -0500 4/18/06, Linda wrote:
>On 4/18/06 10:55 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
>>  I'm running Mac OS X 10.3.9, and I have Camino v1.0 and Firefox
>>  v1.5.0.1 & 2.0a1 installed.  In all three browsers, if I try to use
>>  them to access a Web BBS, and post a message the more I type in the
>>  editing box, the more messed up the fonts in the box become (the text
>>  behind the cursor starts to disappear until I type even further.
>>
>>  Has anyone else seen this?  I've tried matching the fonts in Camino
>>  to the fonts in Safari without any luck.
>
>Can you give us an example of a BBS on which this happens? Maybe a few of us
>can go test it out.
>
>I have seen it in older versions of Camino, but never in Firefox, and never
>in the non-beta version 1 of Camino.  Mac OS X 10.3.9 here, too.

Actually I seem to have tracked down the problem, or at least found a
good workaround.  It doesn't seem to like the font I had selected for
a monospace font.  I think it was getting confused, as I had several
different types of fonts with the same name installed.  I changed to
a different monospace font, that I only have a TTF version of, and
it's working just fine.

		Zane