[X4U] Preferences for installing diff size RAM?

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Thu Apr 20 22:44:51 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Does anyone have any theories on which size RAM should go into which slot,
eg. largest chips at the front to smallest chips at back or vice versa?

We're heavy Photoshop users here and I've often wondered if I should be
leaving the largest chips to the end of the slots so the OS can use the
smaller chips and leave the grunt work of Photoshop to the larger chips or
should it be vice versa. For the most part I've been installing them
largest to smallest.

This assumes that there is some sort of lag as info has to be retrieved
from different chips, otherwise this is a moot point.

Anyway, your thougts are most appreciated.

Cheers,

Cojcolds