[X4U] Preferences for installing diff size RAM?

Aaron macuser at aarons.fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 21 01:36:53 PDT 2006

Under OS X, all memory, except for some used by certain portions of the OS kernel, is virtual. It thus can be mapped anywhere in the physical RAM and this mapping will change as pages are swapped in and out. If there are any speed differences at all due to RAM placement, they would be very small and entirely machine-specific and it would require expert knowledge of the particular machine's architecture to figure them out. It's hard to imagine a situation where it would be worth it.

 - Aaron