[X4U] Free Zipping Service?

Chris Garaffa chris at nilzero.com
Sun Apr 23 10:04:31 PDT 2006

On Apr 23, 2006, at 12:42 PM, revDAVE wrote:

> Apparently, using Panther 10.3.x or later, you can highlight a file/
> folder
> on the desktop, and then choose create archive from the file menu
> and it
> will create a ZIP file for you.
>
> *Question: Is this definitely part of OSX or part of Stuffit Deluxe?

I haven't installed/used Stuffit in a long time, but I think it added
its own contextual menu items to the Finder for stuffing/unstuffing.

That said, the Zip functionality is part of the base OS X system and
doesn't require any third-party applications on 10.3. and above. When
you right-click (or control-click) a file or folder in the Finder,
one of the options should be "Create Archive Of..." followed by the
file name. The same command is also available in the FIle menu.

--
Chris Garaffa
chris at nilzero.com