[X4U] Drive Permissions problem

revDAVE coolcat at hosting4days.com
Mon Apr 24 12:45:13 PDT 2006

 I have several hard drives.

 All of the drives and enclosing folders have been set with the following
permissions ...

---

 owner = system
 access = read and write

 group = admin
 access = read and write

 others = read only

-  ignore ownership on this volume = unchecked

---

-  for some reason one of my drives is not using permissions correctly. Even
know I reset all the permissions ( and copy permissions to enclosed folders)
for the drive as above several times -  it has the following problems ...

-  every new folder I create uses a different permissions set up from what
is listed above...
-  if I tried to delete a folder on the drive - it says it will be deleted
immediately - rather than putting it in the trash...

-  this is just a dated Drive - there is no system on it.
-  I ran disk utility on the drive -  repair disk - but it did not help.

* Question: How can I fix this? What is going on? I sure would hate to
reformat the drive...

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hosting4days.com