[X4U] Re: Parallels vs. Boot Camp

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Tue Apr 25 22:09:27 PDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 04:04:55PM CDT, Richard Gilmore <rgilmor at uwo.ca> wrote:
:
: > What if Microsoft updated Windows Media Player for Mac?
:
: I know. This is total bull and totally bugs me. It's such an obvious ploy to
: push QT out of the market. I'm hoping iTunes will slowly put QT back into
: more PCs and keep it a player in the marketplace. But I work at an
: institution and it's unbelievable how much Windows Media Player has taken
: over and totally wiped out QT even though its and inferior piece of crap.

Most M$ products suck and normally would not survive in a truly
competitive environment.  However, most M$ products piggyback on
the success/monopoly of Windoze/Office.  Still, it's amazing how
the iPod has boosted QuickTime's penetration into the Windoze
market.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/