[X4U] Corrupt Apple Bonjour .pdf

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Wed Apr 26 14:55:08 PDT 2006

Could a few of you lista' go to
<http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/bonjour/>, download the Bonjour
"technology brief" .pdf, and try to print it. When I do, I can read it on
screen, but when I try to print it I get nicely formatted gibberish. This
occurs with a Xerox Phaser 4400 (try Adobe PS3) whether I print from a Mac
or windows box, or to a Canon Pixma MP780.

Since this happens whether I use a Mac or Windows box to print, and the
Windows box doesn't share fonts with the Mac, I assume the file itself is
bonkers.

Both machines print other pdfs just fine.

Any ideas what's going wrong here?

Thanks so much,

(and, after we sort this out, I'll be back to ask about printing from a
Windows box to a Mac-connected USB printer.

Jim Robertson