[X4U] Re: Corrupt Apple Bonjour .pdf

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Wed Apr 26 16:01:43 PDT 2006

A bit more investigation after some reports of successful printing. One
respondent pointed out that he opened the document and printed it from
Preview.app.

I tried that, and when opened in Preview it prints fine.

I think I've read things about weird problems with Adobe Reader 7, but don't
remember what I read, and the bizarre thing is this happens when I print the
document to my networked PostScript printer (Xerox Phaser 4400) from Adobe
Reader for Windows as well (I don't know how to print to the USB printers
hanging off my Mac from the Windows Box (my MacBook Pro running Windows XP
via Boot Camp must be chagrined to be reduced to the label "Windows Box",
but that's another story). Trying to figure out how to print to those
Mac-attached USB printers was why I downloaded the Bonjour pdf in the first
place.

I'm sure there must be Preview equivalents in Windows. Anyone have
recommendations?

Jim Robertson