[X4U] I need to burn WMV files to DVD

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Fri Apr 28 08:18:51 PDT 2006

Hi all,

My son is doing a project on the Roman Army for his grade 4 class. I
found a web site with video files of battle re-enactment that he'd like
to show to his class. I've managed to download the WMV files to my
desktop. Now I'm at a loss on how to burn them to DVD with a nice menu
so that they can be played back on a standard DVD player. Toast, iMovie
and iDVD all say they don't recognize the format. Quicktime won't play
them but Windows Media Player will. Is there any way I can convert them
to a format that, preferably Toast will recognize?

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com