[X4U] Printer Sharing. Flakey,

Adrian Stubbs stubbsz at comcast.net
Sun Apr 30 12:55:15 PDT 2006

Hi

I have a G4 Sawtooth to witch is attached a Samsung Ml-1710 Laser
printer via usb.  My wife uses an iBook.  We are networked wirelessly
with a Netgear router.  It's really a crap shoot as to whether or not
she will be able to print on the Laser printer when she's working on her
iBook.  75% of the time, or maybe more recently, she just can't see the
printer and no amount of messing around will make it visible.  Sometimes
it is visible though even when my G4 Sawtooth isn't logged on... but
just at the login screen.

We both have Panther and both are up to date with s/w updates.  I have
print sharing on.

What could be going wrong?  What would you do about this?  I run stuff
like applejack pretty regular... my wife doesn't.  It's at my dabbling,
that she is up-to-date with security and os releases.

Any help much appreciated.

Let me know if there is any other pertinent info that I need to supply
to help the diagnosis.

Thanks

-Adrian