[X4U] Setting the default pdf reader

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 1 16:19:25 PDT 2006

That is probably different than what the original poster is referring to.

1) If you double-click on a PDF file in the Finder, it will open your
default pdf application. To change that, use the Get Info window, as Wayne
wrote.

2) If you click on a link to a PDF in a web browser, it will use its helper
settings to determine whether to open the pdf in the browser window using a
plug-in (Adobe, Apple) or to download the file and open it in a separate
application (Preview, Acrobat). That's where Steve's instructions are
useful.