[X4U] Safari's "Open 'safe' files after downloading" preference

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Aug 5 15:22:10 PDT 2006

On 2 Aug 2006, at 18:02, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:
> ....Once you have disabled
> Safari's built-in PDF-viewing capability, if you have enabled
> Safari's "Open
> 'safe' files after downloading" preference, it will automatically
> open PDF
> files in your default PDF application after they've been downloaded.

On a slightly-related note, and being too lazy to Google... how do I
define which kinds of file Safari considers "safe"?

I'd like PDFs to open automatically in Preview but I'd prefer tar,
tbz and zip archives to sit un-extracted in my downloads folder until
I click on them. This isn't because I actually consider tar or zip
archives to be "unsafe", but just because I like 'em that way.

Cheers,

Stroller.