[X4U] Photo metadata. Can it be edited?

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 6 16:36:29 PDT 2006

Whenever I get photos of my grandson from my son, the photos are all
dated with the camera default date. He's never taken the time to set
the date correctly. I'd like to change the dates included in the
metadata in the jpegs from their camera so that when it's cataloged
in iPhoto the picture dates are roughly correct.

Beside IPhoto itself, and Get \info in the Finder, I've found several
pieces of software that will read the data but none to edit the data.
Ultimately I'd like to be able to either use an Apple script or
Automator so I can handle the data changes in bulk.

Can it be done?  What OS X friendly software can you suggest?  Thanks.
John