[X4U] Litlle known, but legal!

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Tue Aug 8 08:38:51 PDT 2006

At 8:16 AM -0400, 8/8/06, Jon Warms wrote:

>>Q&A
>>QUESTION:  What products qualify for the Windows XP Professional Upgrade?
>>ANSWER:  A Windows XP Professional Upgrade or Windows Professional
>>Upgrade & Software Assurance can be purchased for any machine that
>>is already licensed for one of the following operating systems:
>>DOS, Windows 3.x, Windows for Workgroups 3.x, Windows 95, Windows
>>98, Windows ME, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows NT Workstation
>>3.51 and Windows NT Workstation 4.0, Windows XP Home Edition, OS/2,
>>MAC, and the following Unix operating systems: SCO (Xenix,
>>UnixWare), Sun (Solaris/Sparc, Sun OS) Hewlett-Packard (HP-UX) IBM
>>(AIX, 4680/90), Digital (Ultrix, OSF/1, Digital Unix), and SGI
>>(IRIX).
>>

>That's right: MAC! Here's the full link:
>
>http://download.microsoft.com/documents/uk/partner/sol_and_products/windows/windows_xp/downloads/winxp_pro.doc
>
>And I guess a little more googling would show that a Mac also
>qualifies for the XP Home upgrade.
>
>Jon

That paragraph only pertains to Volume Licensing customers. If you
purchase under the Open License or Select License agreements, then
you would qualify for that upgrade.

While another poster has suggested that I am a 'shill', do understand
that I am not a fan of Microsoft's but merely someone who prefers to
know the facts as well as someone who chooses to respect other's
property. While I may not choose to purchase from those that I
dislike, I would never steal from them with the justification that
they have an unfair advantage.
--

Robert Ameeti

Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip around the Sun.