[X4U] Spotlight in Leopard

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Aug 8 16:54:58 PDT 2006

Howdy,

It was stated during the WWDC Keynote address that Spotlight will
find anything on your drive; this is patently false since there are
many directories that it doesn't search by default (e.g., I have lots
of documentation that comes with TeX that is stored in sub-
directories of /usr/local/teTeX/ and it certainly doesn't search /usr/
* without forcing it to do so using SpotlightIndexer ot some other
means). Will Spotlight in Leopard allow me to set directories to
search as it allows me directories not to search in Tiger?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)