[X4U] Leopard Features

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Tue Aug 8 16:56:32 PDT 2006

On Aug 8, 2006, at 5:15 PM, Michael J. Prevost wrote:

> Surprisingly little list chatter on the announcements that came out
> of Job's keynote at the WWDC.
>
> What are people thoughts on Leopard's upcoming features like Time
> Machine? Do you buy into the numbers that Steve gave regarding
> people who actually perform backups (26% do backups of some sort,
> but only 4% do regular, tool assisted backup).
>
> Think this will put Dantz outta business?
>
> The Widget-builder Dashcode looks great too, don't you think?

LOL I'm one of those people.. who knows damn good and well, I'm
supposed to back up etc..   and I make sure all my work on my
computer at work is backed up daily..   but at home..  I make
periodic back up of "certain" files etc..   but not nearly as often
as I should.

Once I have Time Machine, I will go out and buy me some big drive to
use for that very purpose.

I can already think of some good uses for Widget Builder as well.

I also use my "Inbox" in mail as a sort of "To Do" list, So I look
forward to the added features in MAIL as well.

kansast