[X4U] Boot Camp [A]

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Wed Aug 9 10:53:15 PDT 2006

On 9 Aug 2006, at 16:29, Robert Ameeti wrote:

> At 3:38 PM +0100, 8/9/06, Stroller wrote:
>
>> There's a very comprehensive license that's been written up by
>> Microsoft's legal department on the side of an OEM copy of
>> Windows. We have established that it's legal to follow that to the
>> letter and install it as an end-user (or at least you have failed
>> to demonstrate otherwise) and I contend that it is no more immoral
>> or unscrupulous for an end-user to buy an OEM copy of Windows than
>> it is for them to plant bird seed - as long as they are following
>> the letter of the license.
>
> So if I deem to interpret the wording of the GPL license in a way
> that I feel justifies my using the code in my commercial product,
> that is ok?

Um, of course. Lots of people do. This is a very and common basic
interpretation of the GPL, and was intended as such. Your home router
may very well run Linux. See <http://kbserver.netgear.com/
kb_web_files/n101238.asp> or <http://tinyurl.com/zbd4s>.

You really do need to go & do some homework if you think this is
relevant or any kind of analogy to Microsoft's OEM license.

Stroller.