[X4U] Spotlight in Leopard

B. Kuestner kuestner at macnews.de
Tue Aug 8 22:35:03 PDT 2006

Apple has a history of making choices for their users that tend
towards simplicity over configurability. (Windows and Linux tend the
other direction.) So it is with the paths searched by Spotlight. But
you seem to be aware that there are ways to include /usr in your
Spotlight index, right? I did it the manual way, and it works just
fine. So when I search for "rsync", it will find /usr/bin/rsync. And
when I search for "hosts" it will find /private/etc/hosts.

Björn